Tuesday, July 9, 2013

MY PERSONAL POLITICAL AGENDA




Returning America to Judeo-Christian Ethics


Some say our nation is not a Christian nation.  I have to agree with that.  It was not established to be a Christian Nation.  That was possibly the furthest thing from our founders minds.  A one church nation is not what they wanted at all.  But, those founders, who signed the Declaration of Independence, were highly aware of a need for following a Judeo-Christian ethic in our government and in our homes. 


They had come from a country that claimed to be Christian by law and that country was a mess.  The rich were encouraged to abuse the poor and the government and the churches ground the rich and the poor into powder every chance they got.  Any people or any organization that disagreed with the lawful creed of faith, were hunted down and imprisoned or otherwise eliminated.  The church of the land was the rule and even the government and royalty had to bow to the leaders of the church.  The citizens, rich and poor, had to live their lives to please the lawful church.  People fled to this country to get out of that situation.  So, no, this country is not lawfully, by statute, a Christian nation.  Thank you, God, for that.


But those who encouraged breaking away from England’s rule were, by and large, men with a great belief in, or respect for, Judeo-Christian guides for living.  The vast majority of those who signed the Declaration of Independence were actually Christians of various Christ-centered faiths.  They were neither Evangelicals nor Main-line believers.  They were just believers who saw the cruelty of being controlled by a country like the one they came here to escape.  And the politics of that country played right into the uneasy spirits of these people:  Thus the Boston Tea Party.


With much debate, these founders came to agreement on the most important legal and moral issues that had to be addressed.  They argued, they swore, they pounded their fists, but they discussed it all and came to a common conclusion:  The Declaration of Independence, followed by the Constitution (which was based on Judeo-Christian truth and ethics,) and the very specific Amendments to the Constitution which clarified many of their fears about governmental rule.


My claim to the right to write this blog is that I have lived under the leadership of 13 presidents, some twice.  I have seen prosperity and success and I have seen despair and hopelessness and, worse, treachery.  I have seen this country proud and I have seen this country ashamed.  I have never questioned the bravery of any man or woman who went into the military and did the job they were given to do, even if they went against their will. I have been ashamed of how some veterans were treated when coming home from war: now and in the past.  I am proud to say that I am an Army brat and I am proud of the 21 years my dad spent in the Army rising from PFC to Captain, just because he could. He was military through and through.


And now I have to sit and watch as our current President prostitutes this country over and over again; throwing money at our enemies to keep them on our side; borrowing money from sworn enemies so we can keep on throwing it away to other enemies who hate us. Not to mention going around apologizing for our freedom of speech and opinion and our willingness to take advantage of that freedom.


I am 100% in favor of law and order, as described long, long ago in the well known 10 Commandments; and in the summation of those Commandments by Jesus Christ a couple of thousand years later: Love the Lord your God with all you heart, soul and mind and love one another as you love yourselves.  I believe in personal freedom and the right of families to be families and to teach what they believe to their families, even if I disagree, or even hate what they teach.  I believe in the sanctity of home-schooling regardless of the reason for wanting to teach at home. 


I do not believe that the government should be telling us what we can say and what we cannot say on a Politically Correct basis.  I do not believe in abortion and I will say so, and say why, in this blog.


I believe that we have the right to love and I believe that we have the right to hate.  But I also believe that some hateful activities should be curtailed and even outlawed, but that free speech can be handled many different ways than slamming people into jail or forcing them, by proxy to the media, to be thrown out of their jobs and banned from society.


I have many disagreements about how this country is presently run, as I also have had in the past.  That is my right as an American citizen.  I will take what I am thinking and write it here so that I can be calmer and less agitated in my daily life about the political tactics happening around me.


But, most of all, I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior and what I write in this blog will definitely be skewed to that belief.  I am not ashamed of Him and I pray that He will not be ashamed of me as we write these thoughts together.  I just hope that my thoughts will help others clear their own minds or bring up things they can think about for themselves.  May we all celebrate freedom of speech even here as we meet in this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment